Tuesday, August 10, 2010

GreenOpolis GOOD STUFF ;-)

GreenOpolis.com  is an idea that is long over due.  I noticed a strange machine in front of the RiteAide at Falls of Neuse and I-540 and as is often the case, my curiosity got the best of me.  As I had a few minutes to kill and nothing better to do, I decided to see what this weird contraption was all about.  As you approach, you can see that it is a recycling receptacle.  After you begin to investigate further, you realize it is so much more.  You begin by getting your "Tracking Pass" and setting up your account.  Then each time you bring items for recycling to the machine you scan your card and earn points.  This is the love child of Pepsico and Waste Management.  These two companies have partnered with many businesses to offer discounts, coupons, free offers, etc. that the account holder may choose as they accumulate points.  


This is a site you must check out and please register.  I feel sure that there will be more locations available very soon.  This is selected for our "Good Stuff" folder because it combines two of my deepest passions, recycling and shopping for deals.  Until more locations are available, you can simply just plan to take your cans when you will be near one.  Recycle, Repurpose, Reuse, Reduce....... Earn points!  Ok it doesn't start with an R, but it is still good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers