Friday, January 22, 2010

Blindly following policy is not always best for business or customers!

Not Good......
A recent trip to "Baby's-R-Us" left me frustrated and baffled.  I went to the location in Raleigh, NC to return an inexpensive item, but had no receipt.  I knew that I could not get a refund, however I needed to purchase a gift that was quite a bit more than the item being returned.  It should be noted that the item was also the exclusive brand of "Baby's-R-Us" and thus is not sold anywhere else.  The return would have been at the most $14.00 and the gift item being purchased was $129.00.  They firmly stood behind the policy of no returns without a receipt.  I was even allowed to speak with their corporate headquarters to no avail.  Let me say that everyone involved was very nice, but they were absolutely ineffective and I think as frustrated as I.  So I kept the item they would not take back and went to TARGET and purchased my gift.  Next time..... wait there will not be a next time.  "Baby's-R-Us" YOU'RE FIRED!


Who loves TARGET?   ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers